Complete and simple guide to the OLEV Grant
4th Apr 2019 Smart Home Charge
The Government-backed OLEV grant (also known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme or 'EVHS') offers drivers of electric vehicles up to £350 off the total cost to install a home charger.
Subscribe to Smart Home Charge on YouTube for more tips, advice and reviews.
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme, commonly known as the OLEV Grant is managed by the Government OLEV department and was set up to encourage drivers to move over to cars with lower or zero CO2 emissions such as plug-in vehicles or a fully electric car. A home charging point is a key part of living with a plug-in or fully electric vehicle and the Government Grant is designed with these vehicles in mind. You can find out what vehicles are eligible here.
How do I claim the OLEV grant?
- When you buy a charger and installation through Smart Home Charge, we will apply for the grant on your behalf and do most of the work for you.
- We will ask you some basic questions and complete the application form over the phone on your behalf. We then send you a text link and email where you take photos or attach photos of your vehicle documentation - then simply digitally sign the OLEV form and that’s it... done!
- Our online OLEV Grant application is the simplest and easiest way to save you up to £350!
- Smart Home Charge will do all the hard work for you and it takes no more than 2 mins of your time with our bespoke software system!
Eligibility checklist for OLEV
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Off-street parking
- Your EV charge point, vehicle and installer must be OLEV approved
- You have usage of the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months
- Your plug-in EV was purchased after 1st October 2016
- The date of installation must not be more than four months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle
- From July 2019 - Charge Points must be Smart and Connected Units
- Full details can be seen here