What is the OLEV Homecharge Grant?
The government backed OLEV grant (also known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme or 'EVHS') offers drivers of electric vehicles up to £500 off the total cost to install a home charger.
The OLEV Grant is currently available for a limited time and for the majority of plug-in EV's. You can claim for one EV charger per eligible vehicle and up to two per household.
How do I claim the OLEV grant?
- Applying for the OLEV Grant using our OLEV Form Filler software is the simplest and easiest way to save you up to £500!
- Smart Home Charge will do all the hard work for you and it takes no more than 2 mins of your time with our bespoke software system!
- We will ask you some basic questions and complete the application form over the phone on your behalf. We then send you a text link and email where you take photos or attach photos of your vehicle documentation - Then simply digitally sign the OLEV form and that’s it done!
Eligibility checklist for OLEV
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Off-street parking
- Both your EV charge point, and installer must be OLEV approved
- You have usage of the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months
- Your plug-in EV was purchased after 1st October 2016
- The date of installation must not be more than four months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle
- From July 2019 - Charge Points must be Smart and Connected Units
- Full details can be seen here