What is the OLEV Homecharge Grant?
4th Apr 2019 Smart Home Charge
The government backed OLEV grant (also known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme or 'EVHS') offers drivers of electric vehicles up to £500 off the total cost to install a home charger.
How do I claim the OLEV grant?
- Applying for the OLEV Grant using our OLEV Form Filler software is the simplest and easiest way to save you up to £500!
- Smart Home Charge will do all the hard work for you and it takes no more than 2 mins of your time with our bespoke software system!
- We will ask you some basic questions and complete the application form over the phone on your behalf. We then send you a text link and email where you take photos or attach photos of your vehicle documentation - Then simply digitally sign the OLEV form and that’s it done!
Eligibility checklist for OLEV
To qualify, you must have the following:
- Off-street parking
- Your EV charge point, vehicle and installer must be OLEV approved
- You have usage of the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months
- Your plug-in EV was purchased after 1st October 2016
- The date of installation must not be more than six weeks ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle
- From July 2019 - Charge Points must be Smart and Connected Units
- Full details can be seen here