What is a Standard Installation for EV chargers?
12th May 2019 Smart Home Charge
Each property and customer is different when it comes to electric car chargers for the home. Charger type, location and cable length are just some of the factors that determine whether a Standard Installation is applicable.
At Smart Home Charge, we're honest and upfront about the costs of an installation and each one is different. This is why we ask you to complete our online pre-installation survey (all from the comfort of your home and smartphone) so our engineers can asses the work required and give you an accurate quote before you make a decision or pay for the charger.
This short video explains what our engineers are looking for and what things can affect the overall cost of your installation.
Subscribe to Smart Home Charge on YouTube for more tips, advice and reviews.
The Smart Home Charge standard installation package includes the following:
- The fitting of your selected Chargepoint on a brick or plaster wall, or other suitable permanent structure.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, where needed
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the distribution board and the Chargepoint up to a height of up to 1.8m.
- All electrical connections at the origin of the supply and Chargepoint.
- Installation of a Type C MCB.
- Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit or trunking to conceal interior wiring.
- Electrical testing and the NICEIC Certification.
- Demonstration of the Chargepoint functions and App (if applicable)