What is a site survey and why do I need one?
14th Aug 2019 Danny Morgan
We like to be honest and upfront about the cost of your EV charger installation. Every customer and install is different, so we treat each accordingly. That's why we do a site survey of your home charger installation before you decide to go ahead - that way you can make an informed decision about whether to proceed or not.
Completing a site survey first means our in-house engineers can assess the work needed for your specific installation. Then we give you an accurate cost of the full installation before you decide to go ahead or not.
Why do we do the survey first?
We do the installation survey first so we can:
- Be honest and upfront about the cost of your installation and the work involved
- Avoid any surprises for you on the day and prevent unnecessary delays
- Understand where you’d like the charger located so our engineers know what is required when they arrive
How do I complete the survey?
To achieve all the above, we just need a few photos and a video from you. This can be done in one of two ways:
- Online Site Survey – this is by far the easiest and quickest method. We'll send you a text or email with a link to our Online Site Survey, which will guide you through the process showing you the photos and video we need. You can then complete the survey in your own time and save it at any point.
- Live Video Call – video calls are useful if you think your installation could be a complex one. During the video call, one of our engineers will talk you through what they need to see. We can do the video call via FaceTime on an Apple device or WhatsApp Video on other devices. This is scheduled at a time to suit you.
What does the survey look at?
The photos we will need from you include the following:
|1. Consumer unit
||2. Consumer unit area
|3. Meter box area
||4. Meter box close up
|5. Main fuse details
||6. Charger location
What happens next?
Once your photos have been submitted, or the engineer has completed a video call with you, our in-house technicians will assess the work involved and produce a quote for your electric car charger installation.