Setup guide – how to set up the myenergi Zappi charger and app
24th Jul 2020 Danny Morgan
This short guide explains how to get your Zappi app ready for installation day and use it for the first time.
Myenergi Zappi Contact Details and Technical Support:
For additional assistance or technical support, please visit https://myenergi.com/
Or call 0333 300 1303
Step 1: Check the charger
You should receive your myenergi Zappi ahead of installation day. You don’t need to do anything with it, other than let us know it has arrived safely, but it’s a good idea to check the contents of the box.
Make sure it has arrived in good condition and that all the necessary components are intact. If you’ve chosen a tethered Zappi, then check that it is the correct version – Type 1 or Type 2 – for your vehicle.
Please let us know your charger has arrived. You do this by clicking on the “My Charger Has Arrived” button in the email we sent you when the charger was ordered. This is important and lets our system know we are one step closer to booking your installation. Knowing you have the correct charger also means we can book you in for installation and allows us to resolve any issues (if there are any) before installation day.
Step 2: Download the myenergi app
Before installation, please download the myenergi app – this is the app used for your Zappi charge point. You can find this by searching for “myenergi” in your phone’s app store or by clicking the download links below:
- Download the myenergi app for iOS (Apple iPhone and iPad)
- Download the myenergi app for Android (Google, Samsung phones etc)
Step 3: Set up the app
The Zappi charger will need to be installed and switched on to complete the app setup and pairing process, but you can get the app ready in the meantime.
- Download and open the myenergi app
- Open the myenergi app
- You will be presented with a screen that says “No hubs are configured yet”
- The next stage of the app setup will have to wait until installation day
Initial setup and pairing on installation day
On installation day your Smart Home Charge engineer will set up your Zappi. To qualify for the OLEV Grant, the Zappi must also include the myenergi hub. This makes the Zappi “smart” and connects it to your mobile phone app.
If you’d like to know more about the commissioning and the setup of the Zappi and myenergi Hub, you can watch this video. But our engineers will carry out this process for you.
Our engineers will complete the setup and pairing process, but if you prefer to do it yourself then follow these instructions. The myenergi Hub must be set up and connected to your broadband router via ethernet cable before carrying out the following steps.
- Open the myenergi app
- You will see a screen that says “No hubs are configured yet”
- Click the green plus button
- Click “Register a new hub”
- Enter the serial number of the hub which can be found on the bottom of the myenergi Hub. This is an 8-digit number.
- Click Next.
- Now you will need to enter the registration code of the Zappi
- Go to your Zappi unit
- Click the menu button (three horizontal lines)
- Scroll down to the “Information” option. Click the “Plus” button to enter this menu.
- Press the scroll down button once to find the “Hub Registration Code”
- Enter the code in the app
- Click Next
- Now it’s time to set up your password. Choose a password, enter it again in the “repeat password” box. Select Next.
- Hub name – now you can choose a hub name. Select Next
- Check the information is correct and select Next.
You should then be presented with the app homepage. From here you can view the power flow between your home, grid, solar PV and Zappi (if you have solar and if additional CT clamps were fitted).
You can also set up charge schedules and change setting through the menu in the top left corner.