Setup guide – how to set up the Andersen A2 charger and app
27th Jul 2020 Danny Morgan
This short guide explains how to get your Andersen A2 ready for installation day and use the Andersen Konnect+ app for the first time.
Step 1: Check the charger
You should receive your Andersen A2 ahead of your installation date. You don’t need to do anything with it, but it’s worth checking the contents of the box to make sure it isn’t damaged and is the correct finish you ordered.
Let us know it has arrived safely. You do this by clicking on the “My Charger Has Arrived” button in the email we sent you when the charger was ordered. This is important and lets our system know we are one step closer to booking your installation. Knowing you have the correct charger also means we can book you in for installation and allows us to resolve any issues (if there are any) before installation day.
Step 2: Download the Andersen Konnect+ app
Our engineers will set up your Andersen app on the day of installation if you prefer, but you can get started by downloading the app in advance. Simply search “Andersen Konnect+” on your smartphone app store or use the links below:
- Download the Andersen Konnect+ app for iOS (Apple iPhone and iPad)
- Download the Andersen Konnect+ app for Android (Google, Samsung phones etc)
Step 3: Set up the app
As mentioned, our engineers will set up and pair your Andersen A2 charge point with your Konnect+ app, but if you want to get started or do it yourself then follow these instructions:
- Open the app on your smartphone
- Sign in
- If you bought your Andersen A2 directly from Andersen then you will already have an account. Sign in with those details.
- If you bought your Andersen A2 and installation from Smart Home Charge, you will need to first register an account. Click “Sign up now” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Sign in.
- To complete the rest of the setup process, the Andersen A2 unit will need to be installed first.
Initial setup and pairing on installation day
- Once the Andersen is main powered on (and it has been tested by the engineer), completion of the app setup can commence. There should be a green standby light on the front of the Andersen.
- Locate the setup button on the back left of the unit and hold it down for 3-6 seconds. It is now in WiFi pairing mode ready to connect to your Konnect+ app on your phone.
- Select the “Setting” cog icon on the Andersen Konnect+ app.
- Select “Add Charge Point”
- Check and follow the on-screen hints and select Continue.
- Eventually the app will ask you to connect to the Andersen’s WiFi connection.
- At this point you will need to enter the WiFi menu in your phone’s settings. Exit the app and select WiFi in your mobile phone settings.
- In the WiFi menu, you should see a network option called “Andersen”. Select this.
- Once connected you can return to the Andersen Konnect+ app.
- Select your home WiFi connection and click Continue
- Enter the WiFi password for your home WiFi.
- Once successfully connected the app should ask you to scan the QR code on the Andersen unit. This is located underneath the top lid on your Andersen.
- Open the lid and scan the code with the Andersen phone app.
- Next you can add a name for your Andersen A2 charge point. Click Continue.
- Your Andersen A2 and Konnect+ app should now be connected and ready to use.
You can find more details and images on the setup here: https://andersen-ev.com/wp-content/uploads/Andersen-EV-Konnect-App-Setup.pdf
Now the app is ready you will be able to set up charge schedules, monitor charging sessions and track costs.
Andersen Contact Details and Technical Support:
For additional assistance or technical support, please visit https://andersen-ev.com/
Or call 02038904510