Quick guide to EV charger installation
15th Jul 2020 Danny Morgan
If you read only one guide on our website, make sure it’s this one – our two-minute guide to electric car charger installations at home.
Here are four things you need to know about our EV charger installation service:
1. Compare chargers
We offer a range of charge points to suit different needs. The main thing to decide is your budget and whether you want a tethered or untethered charger.
Read this guide on How to Choose a Charger to learn more
Our website prices are a guide only, but they include:
- The charge point
- Our Basic Installation package (read more about that here)
- Plus, the £350 Government OLEV Grant (assuming you’re eligible)
- If you’re not eligible, we can still do your installation, but you’ll need to pay the £350 difference
To get a fully accurate quote, you’ll need to complete an Online Site Survey.
2. Contactless, online site survey
This is the best way to get the ball rolling. Simply click “Request a Quote” on a charger and we will email you a link to your own Online Site Survey.
This helps our engineers give you an honest and accurate quote. It’s free and means you can make an informed decision before paying.
We show you what photos we need and it should only take five minutes or so to complete.
We also use the photos to help us determine if you’re eligible for the Government OLEV Grant.
3. We process the OLEV Grant application for you
If the OLEV Grant application sounds like a lot of paperwork, don’t worry. We do most of the heavy lifting for you and our online OLEV application makes the bit you need to do really easy.
- Check if you’re eligible for the OLEV Grant here
- Check what evidence you might need to supply us with here
4. Lead time
Installation lead time varies depending on how busy we are and which charger you choose. Some products, such as the Andersen A2, are made to order and they can take longer.
Generally speaking, though, your charge point will be installed within 3-4 weeks after payment.